What a Year.
Moving to Portland, Oregon was the scariest thing we've ever done. We moved with a clear calling from God and a powerful vision for what He could do. In the past twelve months, we've seen Jesus at work in some amazing ways. We are so grateful for you, and for all the ways you supported our ministry and our family. Your friendship means so much to us.
2,500 DOWNTOWN GOSPEL CONVERSATIONS
- Our staff mobilized 100 people from 6 different mission teams to share Jesus with Portlanders.
- We found that 84% are open to a personal relationship with Jesus.
- We saw Acts 17 come to life in a modern-day context.
4 PREVIEW SERVICES
- The previous NAMB record for guests at a downtown Portland service was 11 (in 2014).
- This summer Spring of Life had 123 first-time guests.
- Many guests returned and are currently in one-on-one discipleship.
BUILDING A CORE TEAM
- This seemed like the most impossible task, and God is growing our team at a remarkable pace.
- There are currently 14-20 people invested in being leaders. This doesn't include those who we believe will be our regular attenders when we begin weekly morning services in July 2017.
- During Sunday night training, we are casting vision and growing as a body.
A CITY PRESENCE
- We spend tons of time downtown in an office space on Broadway.
- We've built multiple on-going relationships and Gospel conversations with 100 other start-ups, entrepreneurs, and freelancers.
- We are growing in our friendships within our own neighborhood.
A LOVE FOR OUR (CRAZY) PEOPLE :)
- We moved to Portland feeling like Jonah - reluctant missionaries. We honestly felt a lot of frustration for the people of Portland.
- We wanted to feel like Jesus in Luke 19. In this passage, Jesus looks out over an unbelieving city, and he weeps for them. He is not mad at their unbelief - he is broken.
- This is beginning to take place in our hearts.
- We're realizing the Portland is generations removed from a compelling Gospel witness. There is an ingrained sense of hopelessness and cynicism that affects everything. We have already seen the Gospel make a difference in the lives of the people of Portland.
Pray with us for these 2017 goals. If these things happen, we're convinced we will have an amazing public launch in July 2017.
GROW CORE TEAM
- Were praying for 20 strong leaders who are well-discipled and ready to serve.
- We're continuing to engage with 64 leads from the summer (people who responded to one of our follow-up cards).
- Weekly downtown Evangelism with volunteer outreach director - Zac Smith.
- Reaching out and building solid relationships with 3 local Christian colleges.
MOBILIZE 300 PEOPLE FOR SUMMER MISSIONS
- We have a volunteer Missions Director who is leading our efforts - Wes Erickson.
- We've recruited 7 interns who are actively working to mobilize teams.
- Goal: 8,000 Gospel Conversations / Invitations
- For information on our mission trips, click here.
LAUNCH WEEKLY SERVICES IN JULY
- We're renting the Regal Cinemas at Fox Tower.
- It's located in the heart of the most densely populated neighborhood - 29,000 within a few blocks.
- Weekly rent for a meeting space and children’s space is $1000. We're almost fully funded for 2017. We're still raising support for a few more weeks.
THANKS again for your amazing help! We wouldn't be here without your love and support. Please continue to pray for us.
Aaron and Andrea