Tonight I was thinking about Portland, and about the money it will take. God spoke to my heart so clearly - you don’t need money. You need vision. I prayed so simply, “So give me some vision.” A few moments later, I’m sitting on the couch in my loft eating captain crunch…and I began to know the vision so clearly. It reminds me of when God burdened my heart with the vision of Engage Ministry, years ago, when I was outside cutting my grass.
SPRING OF LIFE
Think I’m getting some God-given vision for Spring of Life.
/ / / / / / / /
1. A church that gets messy.
- We would love the ones no one will love
- We would serve in places no one will go
2. A church that loves fiercely.
- We would passionately pursue the presence of God in worship
- We would be obsessed with caring for and uplifting each other
3. A church that stands boldly
- We would always stand for the Gospel, in all of its fullness, all of its sting, and all of its power
- We would always stand for justice - especially for those that lack a voice
4. A church that thrives with mission.
- That we would do everything we can to tell everyone we know about Jesus.
- That we would go far and wide to tell the world that through Christ, they may escape hell and embrace their Maker.